IBO brings together the World top junior Biologists
The International Biology Olympiad is a unique opportunity for young Biologists (secondary education) to display their talents.
New general contact address
- Please use this global e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Friend Tomáš Soukup (the soul of the IBO Coordinating Center, in Prague) had a serious accident on Friday 26 February.
According to the latest news, Tomáš went through the surgery of first and second vertebrae successfully but he is still unconscious.
We all are hoping for the best...
(March 8, 2016)
- Unfortunately we have no real good news about Tomáš. His pneumonia is healed, he was moved to another hospital specialized for long-term care for neurological patients... They are starting to stop with the artificial ventilation, Tomáš' body seems to function quite well; but with his mind it is worse... There is slight indication of slow recovery on CT scan, but neurologists are still pessimistic.
(March 21, 2016)
- Jan Cerny gives some update: I visited Tomas in the hospital yesterday and I have no really good news. Tom is still not responding, more or less vegetative, with very slow progress. It is just five weeks from the accident and time is running extremely quickly - every week without change is a bad news.
We all are still optimistic, even neurologists claim, that miracles seldom happen, even in similar patients.
(April 2, 2016)
- No real improvement yet... Unfortunately
(April 15, 2016)
Revised IBO Guide
- The up-to-date IBO Guide is on-line (July 29, 2015)
National Data Update
All Country Coordinators must check their National Biology Olympiad description data, for correctness and yearly update.
The procedure is available here: IBO Web Manual.